Summer is live at Interlochen!
Join us for live music in August.
Tickets are on sale now!
Tuition and Financial Aid
Interlochen is committed to creating a community that values accessibility and transcends barriers. For that reason, we believe that each and every talented student who is offered admission should be able to attend.
We offer a variety of payment options so you can decide what plans best suit your family's needs.
We are very proud of our robust scholarship and financial assistance programs. Both merit-based and need-based assistance are available to domestic and international students. Merit scholarship awards range from $2,500-$15,000 in any given year.
In 2019-20, we awarded $15 million in total financial assistance to Academy students, with 78% of our students receiving financial assistance. The average income of families receiving need-based aid was $106,000.
In order to be considered for any merit- or need-based financial assistance, all families must submit a FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) application online. The application will ask you for financial information and records, including your most recent tax forms. Detailed instructions can be found in our Scholarships & Financial Assistance page.
|NEW: Grades 9, 10, 11 RETURNING: 10, 11, 12, & Post-Graduate||NEW: Grade 12 & Post-Graduate|
Fees & Additional Expenses
- $721 general fee applies to students who are non-U.S. citizens
- $6875 English as a Language fee, if required
- $825 (estimate)
- Required of all international students
- Domestic students must present alternative coverage
We require all students to bring their own Apple laptop to school. Students may bring a laptop they already own (provided it is less than three years old) or purchase a new one. Please review our Information Technology FAQ for technical specifications and answers to other common questions.
- Varies significantly by course load and major
- Arts major expenses $200-700
- Books ~$600
- College Testing
- Personal Account (spending money)
- Interlochen provides transportation to and from the Traverse City Cherry Capital Airport for a small fee - $12 per ride.