Tuition and Financial Aid
Interlochen Arts Academy is committed to creating a community that values accessibility and transcends barriers. For that reason, we believe that each and every talented student who is offered admission should be able to attend.
We are very proud of our robust scholarship and financial assistance programs. Both merit-based and need-based assistance are available to domestic and international students. Merit scholarship awards range from $2,500-$15,000 in any given year.
In 2023-24, we awarded nearly $17 million in total financial aid to Academy students, with 81% of our students receiving financial assistance.
In order to be considered for any merit- or need-based financial assistance, all families must submit a Clarity financial aid application. Detailed instructions can be found in our Scholarships & Financial Assistance page.
We offer a variety of payment options so you can decide what plans best suit your family's needs.
Fees & Additional Expenses
- $5,000 fee applies to all first-year 12th grade and first-year postgraduate students
- $770 general fee applies to students who are non-U.S. citizens
- $7,200 English as a Language fee, if required
- $1,160 (estimate)
- Required of all international students
- Domestic students must present alternative coverage
We require all students to bring their own Apple laptop to school. Students may bring a laptop they already own (provided it is less than three years old) or purchase a new one. Please review our Information Technology FAQ for technical specifications and answers to other common questions.
- Varies significantly by course load and major
- Arts major expenses $200-700
- Books ~$600
- College Testing
- Personal Account (spending money)
- Interlochen provides transportation to and from the Traverse City Cherry Capital Airport for a small fee - $12 per ride.