Obtaining a Visa for Interlochen Arts Camp

You must obtain an F-1 visa to study in the United States. For detailed information, please visit the U.S. Embassy website.

New Students – Student visas for new students can be issued up to 120 days in advance of the start date for a course of study. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States on your student visa more than 30 days before the start date.

Continuing Students  Student visas for continuing students may be issued at any time, as long as you are currently enrolled at a SEVP-approved school or institution and in SEVIS. Continuing students do not need to apply for a new visa as long as their current visa is still valid. However, continuing students do need a new I-20 from Interlochen every year. Continuing students may enter the United States at any time before classes start.

You can also check Visa Wait Times here.

Prepare for Your Visa Appointment

You will need to take these documents to your interview:

You may also be requested to provide additional documents, such as:

  • Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
  • Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school
  • Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study
  • How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs.