Harp Audition Requirements
Please prepare two contrasting pieces that demonstrate your playing ability and expressiveness. Adding an Etude to your two audition pieces is very welcome, too. Please see below for ideas. You may select from the suggested repertoire, or play other similar pieces.
- Debussy – First Arabesque; Claire de Lune; Danses Sacrée et Profane
- Dussek – Sonata in C Minor
- Grandjany – Fantasie on a theme of Haydn
- Pierne – Impromptu Caprice
- Pescetti – Sonata in C Minor
- Haydn/Salzedo - Variations on a Theme of Haydn
- Salzedo - Suite of Eight Dances; Chanson dans la Nuit
- Solos for the Harp, compiled by Lucile Lawrence: such as: Tambourin, Giga, Rigaudon, Flagello Berceuse
- Handel - Harmonious Blacksmith; Concerto in B-flat Major: Andante Allegro
- David Watkins - Petite Suite
- Gliere - Impromtpu
- Glinka - Nocturne
- Etudes - Pozzoli, Salzedo, Bochsa, Posse
Video Introduction: Tell us about who you are as an artist. Record a short (2-5 minutes) video introduction, including information about your artistic journey, such as the kinds of classes or lessons you have taken, your artistic accomplishments, any awards you have won, groups you have participated in, artistic experiences that have been particularly meaningful, and anything else you would like for us to know about you as an artist.
If you are unable to present the suggested audition materials, please submit materials that best display your present level and potential.
For more detailed information on the Interlochen Arts Academy application process, please visit our How to Apply page.