Filmmaking Portfolio Requirements
- Creative Samples: Submit one to three samples from the following categories:
- Screenplay or stage play excerpt: up to 10 pages
- Sample film: up to 10 minutes
- Photographs: up to 10 photographs
- Visual arts works (drawings, paintings, sculpture, digital imaging): up to 10 works
- Short fiction, critical/expository writing, or nonfiction narrative: 2 pieces of up to 10 pages
- Inventory Sheet: Create a document that includes the details of your role, title, location, date, media, size, etc. for all creative samples in your portfolio.
- Video Introduction: Tell us about who you are as an artist. Record a short (2-5 minutes) video introduction, including information about your artistic journey, such as the kinds of classes or lessons you have taken, your artistic accomplishments, any awards you have won, groups you have participated in, artistic experiences that have been particularly meaningful, and anything else you would like for us to know about you as an artist.
Your portfolio should reflect your interest and ability. Include examples of your best work. If you’re unable to present all of the suggested materials, please submit materials that best showcase your skill level and potential, including work that is still in progress. If we need to see more, we will let you know. Feel free to contact the Director of Film & New Media if you have any questions about preparing your portfolio. We look forward to seeing your work!
How to Submit Your Materials
You can submit your film and new media portfolio online. Our application process provides further instructions on how to upload your files.