Scholarships and Financial Assistance
Interlochen Arts Academy offers both merit and need-based financial aid. Merit scholarships are based on the student's portfolio or audition materials while need-based scholarships are based on a review of family income and other financial factors.
In order to be considered for either type of aid, the family must submit a Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) application. The FAST application will ask for your family's financial information and records, including your most recent tax forms. The information below will describe what you may need.
How to Apply
Step 1: Start the online FAST application for Interlochen Arts Academy
The How to Get Started Guide also provides a comprehensive overview of what to expect and answers some of the most common questions.
Step 2: Gather your required financial documents
There are a number of financial records you will need and they vary according to your specific circumstances. All applicants will require the following:
- U.S. and Canadian Residents:
- Full federal income tax forms for 2019 and 2020, including all supporting schedules and W-2s
- Non-U.S. or Non-Canadian Residents:
- Families from outside the United States or Canada must submit an official letter, in English, from the employer of each parent/guardian that verifies employment, current salary, and other compensation.
- Business owners are also required to submit form K-1 and corresponding forms 1120-S or 1065 as part of the application
For other financial information you may need to disclose, please review the FAST Aid Worksheet.
Step 3: Fill out and submit the FAST application
It takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete the application online. You do not have to complete the entire application at one time. You can log in with your username and password to resume your application at any time.
For a comprehensive overview of the entire process, please read the Parent User Guide.
Step 4: Pay the FAST application fee
There is a $45 US non-refundable application fee, payable by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, and American Express).