Summer is live at Interlochen!
Join us for live music in August.
Tickets are on sale now!
Photo and Videography Policy
News Media Covering an Interlochen Artist, Performance, or Activity
Because underage students are present on the Interlochen Center for the Arts campus, it is essential that members of the press email email@example.com for permission before any photography or filming is conducted, at least 24 hours in advance. Interlochen generally permits photography in public spaces by news organizations that are on assignment to cover an Interlochen artist, performance, or related activity.
All equipment must be self-contained and battery operated, and tripods may be acceptable, provided that they do not interfere with the student or patron experience. Please contact the Interlochen Media Relations team for questions regarding photography during rehearsals and performances. News media on campus must be accompanied by a member of the Interlochen PR team at all times.
Photography by Patrons and Casual Visitors
Patrons and casual visitors may generally capture photography and videography on the Interlochen campus in any area accessible to the public without a ticket, subject to the guidelines below.
Cameras must be self-contained, may not draw on Interlochen power sources, and must be operated by a single individual without use of additional equipment, such as a tripod or external lights. Pedestrian traffic may not be blocked at any point.
Unless otherwise stated, visitors may take photos within Interlochen performance venues prior to and following performances, and when on guided tours. In no instance may any artist, staff member, or stage scenery be photographed without permission by Interlochen staff.
All visitors must comply with requests and directions from Interlochen security personnel, ushers, or other Interlochen staff.
Activities prohibited include:
- Photography and videography during performances, unless otherwise stated via signage or by Interlochen staff.
- Photography that requires professional equipment or any equipment beyond a hand-held camera, such as lenses of 5” or greater, ladders, or tripods.
- Commercial and media photography, which requires prior written approval. (See News Media section above.)
- Photography that may attract a crowd or may otherwise interfere with other patrons’ enjoyment of the public spaces.
- Photography that includes groups of more than 10 people.
- Furniture, ropes, and stanchions, and other Interlochen property may not be moved to accommodate photography, nor may they be used as props.
- Visitors may not bring large props, furniture, rugs, plants, or other staging to the Interlochen campus for use in photography.
Artists, Licensees, and Artistic Partners
The policy above does not pertain to requests for photography and/or recording on behalf of artists and artistic partners performing at Interlochen Center for the Arts, nor special events. Any photography or video requests from Interlochen artists, licensees, and artistic partners should be made through the applicable programming or licensing department at least one week prior to the scheduled performance.