Chelsea Tipton, II
American conductor Chelsea Tipton, II has won over audiences and critics alike with his vibrant musicality, accessibility, versatility, and commitment to Arts education.
He will be starting his 12th season as Music Director of The Symphony of Southeast Texas, and 6th season as Principal Pops Conductor of New Haven Symphony Orchestra, Tipton also served as Resident Conductor of the Toledo Symphony for seven exceptionally successful seasons and has served as Associate Conductor of the Savannah Symphony.
As a sought-after guest conductor, Tipton has appeared with numerous major orchestras including the Cleveland Orchestra, National Symphony Orchestra, Detroit Symphony, Pittsburgh Symphony, Houston Symphony, Orchestra Sinfonica Siciliana (Palermo), Dohnanyi Symphony Orchestra (Budapest), Atlanta Symphony, Indianapolis Symphony, New Jersey Symphony, Brooklyn Philharmonic, Louisiana Philharmonic, Nashville Symphony, Memphis Symphony, and the San Antonio Symphony Orchestra among others.
The first is to develop orchestral players to understand how to listen and play in an orchestra, whether it is as a principal player or a section player.
- Conducted President George H. W. Bush Memorial Concert with the Houston Symphony Orchestra
- Tour with Sting, we traveled to 14 countries and worked with 19 orchestras over in Europe
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra/Kathleen Battle Concert
- Community Spotlight Award from Capital One Bank
- Neches River Festival Citizen of the Year Award
- Receiving the Aspire Award from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Conductor for the Sphinx Gala concert, Carnegie Hall for the Sphinx Showcase Orchestra culmination of a ten city tour with the orchestra.
- Conductor for the Sphinx Gala Concert, Carnegie Hall
B.M., Clarinet Performance - Eastman School of Music
M.M., Orchestral Conducting - Northern Illinois University
Additional Studies, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music