Interdisciplinary Arts Summer Program for Grades 6-9
Why Arts Merge
Let your imagination run wild and explore your creativity in a fun, natural setting. This is a summer to focus on the arts, discover new interests, and make friendships that will last for years to come.
What You'll Learn
Join students from all over the world for a summer devoted to exploring art, discovering your talent, and finding inspiration. Hone your skills and learn new things about the arts and yourself through a variety of disciplines.
All Interdisciplinary Arts students take the following classes:
- Creative Writing: Participate in imaginative writing exercises, short reading activities, informal discussion, and free writing time. Class activities focus primarily on poetry and fiction.
- Introduction to Acting: Through voice and movement exercises, improvisation, theatre games, and scripted material, you will gain a solid base of foundational skills.
- Environmental Studies: Explore Interlochen's rich natural setting through fun hands-on activities, short research projects, and games that simulate aspects of our environment.
- Visual Arts Survey: Experiment with a variety of media while focusing on drawing and painting skills. Techniques will be taught both in studio and outdoors ("en plen air").
- Instrument Exploration. Participate in dynamic learning experiences that include playing multiple instruments, singing, moving, listening, and studying musicianship.
- Dance. Explore a variety of dance forms in a safe, challenging, and creative environment. All students will grow in their ability to express themselves through movement.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration Projects. Collaborate together to create new projects that combine art forms and explore the relationships among different arts disciplines.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis so apply early!
Meet the Faculty
Our summer camp instructors are not only passionate about the arts and education, but have made their own mark in the world of writing, acting, visual arts, and much more. They're eager to share their unique talents and help you discover yours.
Please note the gallery may showcase previous instructors.
Director of Interdisciplinary Arts
Instructor of Environmental Exploration
Instructor of Interdisciplinary Arts
Art Merge students will have opportunities to show what they've created and learned in the form of readings, showcases, and small collaborative performances in front of their peers and the public.
Only at Interlochen
Interlochen is the only summer camp where you can find a holistic, interdisciplinary program dedicated entirely to the arts.
It's a wonderful camp, and I think everyone should have a chance to enjoy it, not only because of the arts it offers, but because of the camp experiences you go through.
Merlina M., Arts Merge student