Interdisciplinary Arts Summer Program for Grades 3-6
Why Arts Exploration
You want to sing, you want to swim. You want to write, you want to run. You want to perform, you want to play. This is the summer where you get to explore, create, and do it all.
What You'll Learn
Join campers from all over the world for a summer devoted to art, nature, and fun. As a student in the Arts Exploration program, you'll discover nature, experiment with different arts disciplines, and let your curiosity lead the way. You'll also combine art forms each week in our Fun Fridays class.
Other classes include:
- Acting. and Creative Movement. You will participate in a series of exercises that will activate your body, voice, and imagination as you immerse yourself in the dynamic world of theatre and creative movement for the performer.
- Creative Writing. Expand your creative writing skills, developing stories, poems, plays, and more. Teacher-led prompts, feedback, workshops, and collaborative brainstorming will help you develop and refine texts.
- Music Exploration. Participate in dynamic learning experiences that include playing instruments, singing, moving, listening, and studying musicianship.
- Visual Arts Exploration. Through experimentation of various materials and methods, develop your art-making skills and explore personal areas of creative interest.
- Environmental Exploration. Explore the Interlochen Center for the Arts environment and learn about your home ecosystem.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis so apply early!
Art Exploration students will have opportunities to showcase what they've created and learned in the form of readings, gallery exhibitions, and small collaborative performances.
Only at Interlochen
Interlochen is the only summer camp where you can find a holistic, interdisciplinary program dedicated entirely to the arts.
I have met so many new friends, I've been learning a ton in my classes, and overall it's been pretty amazing!
Lauren, Arts Exploration