Interdisciplinary Arts Summer Program for Grades 3-6
Why Arts Exploration
You want to sing, you want to swim. You want to write, you want to run. You want to perform, you want to play. This is the summer where you get to explore, create, and do it all.
What You'll Learn
Join campers from all over the world for a summer devoted to art, nature, and fun. As a student in the Arts Exploration program, you'll discover nature, experiment with different arts disciplines, and let your curiosity lead the way. You'll also combine art forms each week in our Fun Fridays class.
Other classes include:
- Acting and Creative Movement. You will participate in a series of exercises that will activate your body, voice, and imagination as you immerse yourself in the dynamic world of theatre and creative movement for the performer.
- Creative Writing. Expand your creative writing skills, developing stories, poems, plays, and more. Teacher-led prompts, feedback, workshops, and collaborative brainstorming will help you develop and refine texts.
- Instrument Exploration. Participate in dynamic learning experiences that include playing multiple instruments, singing, moving, listening, and studying musicianship.
- Visual Arts Exploration. Through experimentation of various materials and methods, develop your art-making skills and explore personal areas of creative interest.
- Environmental Exploration. Explore the Interlochen Center for the Arts environment and learn about your home ecosystem.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis so apply early!
One of Interlochen Arts Camp's most exciting programs is Arts Exploration, where students in grades 3-6 experiment with a variety of art forms. Under the guidance of Interdisciplinary Arts Division Director Clyde Sheets, students explore acting, creative writing, musical instruments, visual arts, and the great outdoors. Hear what other junior students have to say about the program!
Meet the Faculty
Our instructors are ready for a summer of fun, creativity, and exploration! They're here to help you discover something new about the arts, the world, and about yourself.
Please note the gallery may showcase previous instructors.
Instructor of Visual Arts
Instructor of Environmental Science
Instructor of Creative Writing
Instructor of Instrument Exploration
Art Exploration students will have opportunities to showcase what they've created and learned in the form of readings, gallery exhibitions, and small collaborative performances.
Only at Interlochen
Interlochen is the only summer camp where you can find a holistic, interdisciplinary program dedicated entirely to the arts.
I have met so many new friends, I've been learning a ton in my classes, and overall it's been pretty amazing!
Lauren, Arts Exploration