Applications are still open for Arts Camp and Arts Academy. Programs fill quickly—submit your app today!
How to Apply
All applications for Interlochen Arts Camp are submitted online. You will need the materials listed below to complete your application.
- Your audition or portfolio materials, if required by your program. See your program's page for requirements. Review our Camp Audition & Portfolio Requirements to learn more.
- Form 1040 from your most recent Federal Income Tax Return (domestic applicants) or official verification of salary for each parent (international applicants), if you are requesting financial aid.
Also, please note our age and grade divisions for the application process:
- High School Programs and One-Week Intensives (students currently in grades 9-12)
- Intermediate Programs (students currently in grades 6-8)
- Junior Programs (students currently in grades 3-6)
Step 1: Register with our Camp Education Community
Register for an account at application.interlochen.org using your email address. Both you and your parents/guardians should have accounts. You can save your progress and exit at any time.
If you have applied to Interlochen Arts Camp in the past, you should already have an account in the Education Community. If you are unable to remember your login information, please contact the Office of Admission & Financial Aid.
Step 2: Fill out the Application
The application consists of the following sections:
- Submitting student and family contact information.
- Choosing your primary and alternate application choices.
Step 3: Upload Your Audition/Portfolio
Some Interlochen Arts Camp programs require an audition or portfolio. Your audition/portfolio materials show your artistic readiness and will be reviewed by the appropriate faculty member. Please carefully review the requirements on your program page before uploading the materials to your application.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
If you are interested in need-based financial assistance, please upload the documents listed below to your application. Both domestic and international students are eligible for aid.
- American applicants: Form 1040 from your most recent Federal Income Tax Return.
- International applicants: Official Verification of Salary for each parent. This document must be in English.
Students who apply to a program that requires a portfolio or audition and is two weeks or longer will also automatically be considered for a merit-based award, unless otherwise indicated by the family. Please note that need and merit-based aid are not available for our one-week Intensive programs.
Make sure to review your application before submitting. When you feel it is ready, pay the application fee of $65 and submit. We accept electronic payments, checks, and money orders.
Applications for programs that do not require an audition or portfolio will enroll on a first-come, first-served basis starting in December. All other applications will be reviewed after the priority application deadline on Jan. 15. We will continue to accept applications following the deadline until program enrollment is full.
Interlochen Arts Camp admits qualified students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law, and extends to them all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Interlochen Arts Camp does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law, in the administration of its educational, admission, financial aid, artistic, and other Camp-administered programs.