Fall programs now enrolling
Benefits and Perks
Interlochen Center for the Arts offers an exciting, competitive benefits package to our employees, which includes several added perks. Learn more in the drop downs below.
Interlochen’s health insurance plan offers eligible full-time employees and their dependents access to medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision insurance benefits. This includes PPO & EPO coverage through Priority Health, a flexible spending account for medical expenses, dental insurance through Delta Dental, and vision insurance through VSP. For details about your health, dental, and vision insurance plans, please visit Paylocity.
Interlochen currently offers two retirement benefits through TIAA:
- A 403(b) plan, which is funded through employee contributions by pre-tax payroll deductions. Employees can participate at any time. There is no waiting period for new employees.
- A 401(a) plan, which is funded through employer contributions for eligible participants.
The plan year is June 1 through May 31. Entry date into the 401(a) plan is June 1 following 1000 hours worked in the previous fiscal year. The first employer contribution occurs in the next fiscal year after the plan entry date. 100% vesting is immediate in the 403(b) plan, and there is a three year cliff vesting in the 401(a) plan.
For more information about retirement plans, please visit Paylocity.
As an Interlochen employee you may be eligible for the following discounts and perks:
- Discounted tickets to Interlochen Presents "Featured Events"
- Up to two free tickets for each student performances or shows
- Discounts for adult classes through Interlochen College of Creative Arts
- Lunch daily for employees at our onsite cafeteria
- Cell phone discount of 11% off of data and accessories discount through Verizon and AT&T
- YMCA Partnership
- Sam's Club membership discounts
- Employee referral program
- Access to Interlochen’s 23,000-square-foot recreation and wellness facility, the Dennison Center
- Tickets At Work discounts
- Tuition discounts for children of faculty and staff
- Voluntary insurance options available for long term care and supplemental life insurance through UNUM
- Medical services 100+ miles from home though Assist America
- 24/7 video chat services with a Spectrum Health doctor through MedNow
We believe a successful company is rooted in the overall health and financial wellbeing of each team member and their families, and we are committed to building a culture of health and wellness. This includes a wellness reimbursement plan, employee wellness challenges and events, regular wellness initiatives, and access to Interlochen’s 23,000-square-foot recreation and wellness facility, the Dennison Center.
We recognize that the skills and knowledge of our employees are critical to the success of our organization. We offer an Employee Development and Tuition Reimbursement program to eligible faculty and staff to encourage personal development through formal education. To apply, please visit the Paylocity.
Interlochen provides paid sick leave benefits, dependent care and personal time, bereavement leave, time off for jury duty, 10 paid holidays, and vacation benefits. For more details and a complete listing of your vacation, leave, and holiday benefits, please see the employee handbook.