Novel Writing Intensive
Why Take Novel Writing Intensive
Join a community of young writers all working toward finishing their novels. Our intensive gets your manuscript to the next level with the support of fellow young writers and the hands-on instruction of a published novelist.
What You'll Learn
In our one-week program, you'll be in workshops with other dedicated young writers who have completed at least 50 pages of a novel manuscript. The sustained focus on novel writing will help you shape and improve upon your own project long after you've left our beautiful campus. The curriculum may include:
- Developing foundational skills and strategies like dramatic structure, character-building, and plot
- Participating in guided readings, writing exercises, and one-on-one consultation sessions with your instructor
- Workshopping an excerpt of your novel
- Crafting an individualized plan for completing your manuscript
- Gaining insight into the ins and outs of the publishing world through Q&As with professional novelists
Meet the Faculty
Our instructors are published novelists, professional editors, fellowship recipients, and even New York Times bestselling authors. Their mentorship is grounded in a deep understanding of the craft, the publishing world, and their commitment to helping a new generation of talented voices.
We have many additional camp program opportunities for young writers, including Creative Writing for high school students.
The Writing House
During the one-week session, your artistic home will be The Writing House. This comfortable space provides quiet work areas, ample seating for group projects, and a literary publications room with computer and printing stations. Take a 360-degree virtual tour
Our students celebrate the end of the week with a reading from their novel hosted right on our gorgeous campus.
From Camp to Academy to Presidential Scholar
Learn more about former Novel Writing Intensive student Sophie Paquette and her journey to becoming a Presidential Scholar.