Sustainability & Nature Lecture and Cooking Series
Why Attend Sustainability & Nature Lecture and Cooking Series
Interlochen’s Sustainability & Nature Lecture and Cooking Series offers a variety of two-hour programs focusing on creative sustainability and exploration of nature. Our goal is to inspire adult learners to interact with our local environment in a positive way. We explore cooking, artistry, and ecology while providing an educational and exciting learning experience for all.
Sustainability & Nature Lectures are $20, while our food-based programs require a $40 registration fee. All events in this series require preregistration. To register, click the link below for the program you wish to attend.
Programs will be held from 6 p.m to 8 p.m. at the R.B. Annis Botanical Lab on the campus of Interlochen Center for the Arts, directly in front of the Interlochen Public Radio building. For more information, please contact Emily Umbarger at email@example.com
Bee Yard Grand Opening Event
Join us at Interlochen’s newly renovated bee yard. This apiary houses several honeybee hives that help to pollinate the fruits and vegetables growing at Interlochen’s R.B. Annis Botanical Lab and Community Garden. We are excited to open up this space to the public for a family-friendly, educational experience you won’t want to miss. Connect with other local bee keepers or bring the family to learn more about both native pollinators and our honeybees. We will have family-friendly activities for all ages! Don’t forget to enjoy a delicious honey stick while you visit!
This is a FREE event, but registration is required.
Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023 from 1-3pm
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: R.B. Annis Botanical Lab & Community Garden Pavilion
Who: All ages and all levels of experience, family-friendly activity
For questions please contact: Emily Umbarger, Director of Sustainability firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honey spinning hands-on demonstration: help us spin out some of our beautiful honey from the honeycombs in our hand crank extractor
- Scavenger hunt: learn about native pollinators, native perennial plants, explore our gardens, and take a self-guided scavenger hunt around our site
- Learn about the different parts of the hive: we will have an empty hive for everyone to explore the various parts of the hive structure
- Visit the bees: within a safe distance, our guests are invited to come visit our bee yard and see the active hives
- Meet Interlochen’s beekeepers and learn more about exciting opportunities and programs happening at Interlochen
- Network with others who are interested in learning more about the amazing world of bees