Summer is live at Interlochen!
Join us for live music in August.
Tickets are on sale now!
Interlochen at the 2017 Grammy Awards
Dec. 6, 2016 — Over a dozen Interlochen alumni are included among the nominees in the 59th Annual Grammy Awards.
Nominations for the 59th Annual Grammy Awards have been announced, and once again Interlochen alumni are represented in a diverse array of categories. From Pop to Dance, Jazz and Musical Theatre, our alumni nominees include Peter Erskine (IAA 68-71, IAC Fac 10), Zuill Bailey (IAC 87-88), Josh Groban, Daya (IAC 2013) and more.
Since 1959, Interlochen alumni have garnered several hundred Grammy nominations and over 120 wins. Be sure to tune in to CBS on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017 to cheer on these nominees during the award show.
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
- "Stages Live" — Josh Groban
- Best Dance Recording
- “Don't Let Me Down” — The Chainsmokers Featuring Daya (IAC 13)
- Best Contemporary Instrumental Album:
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” — Bill Frisell (IAC/NMC 67)
- Best Jazz Instrumental Album
- “Dr. Um” — Peter Erskine (IAA 68-71)
- Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
- “Real Enemies” — Darcy James Argue's Secret Society, incl. Matt Holman (IAC 98-99)
- “All L.A. Band” — Bob Mintzer (IAA 69-70)
- Best American Roots Performance
- “Ain't No Man” — The Avett Brothers, incl. Joe Kwon (IAC 97)
- Best Americana Album
- “True Sadness” — The Avett Brothers, incl. Joe Kwon (IAC 97)
- Best Regional Roots Music Album
- “I Wanna Sing Right: Rediscovering Lomax In The Evangeline Country” — Various artists, incl. Dirk Powell (IAC/NMC 83)
- Best World Music Album
- “Sing Me Home” — Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble, incl. Mike Block (IAC 99) and Joseph Gramley (IAA 86-88, IAC/NMC 85-87)
- Best Musical Theater Album
- “Bright Star” — Original Broadway Cast, incl. Max Chernin (IAC 04)
- “Fiddler on the Roof” — Original Broadway Cast, incl. Alexandra Silber (IAA 99-01, IAC 95-99)
- “Waitress” — Original Broadway Cast, incl. Kimiko Glenn (IAA 06-07) and Henry Gottfried (IAC 06)
- Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance
- “Serious Business” — Spektral Quartet, incl. Austin Wulliman (IAC 00)
- "Fitelberg: Chamber Works" — ARC Ensemble incl. guest pianist Kara Huber (IAA 04-06)
- Best Classical Instrument Solo
- “Daugherty: Tales Of Hemingway” — Nashville Symphony, with soloist Zuill Bailey (IAC/NMC 87-88)
- Best Music Video
- “Upside Down & Inside Out” — OK Go, incl. Damian Kulash (IAC/NMC 87-89, 91-92), Tim Nordwind (IAC/NMC 87-89, 91) Co-Director Trish Kulash Sie (IAC/NMC 84-88)
- Best Music Film
- “The Music Of Strangers” — Yo-Yo Ma & The Silk Road Ensemble, incl. Mike Block (IAC 99) and Joseph Gramley (IAA 86-88, IAC/NMC 85-87)
Did we miss an Interlochen nominee? Let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.