John Bogley joined Interlochen Center for the Arts as Vice President of Philanthropy in May 2019 after serving Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington in roles leading admission, financial aid, communications, alumni relations, and development. He added responsibility for Interlochen's Office of Engagement in 2022.
Since arriving at Interlochen, Bogley and his team completed the fundraising for the final projects of Interlochen's 30-year campus master plan—the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow House (a residence hall with visiting artist suites) and the renovated and expanded Dance Center. Expanded funding for financial aid and scholarships for students are now available thanks to a 24% increase in gifts to the Annual Fund over the past three years.
Bogley served as Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations at Whitman for 16 years. During that time, Bogley led the institution’s largest comprehensive campaign in school history—raising $165.7 million and exceeding their planned goal by more than 10 percent. During his tenure, Bogley and his team tripled the gifts to the annual fund in support of the institution’s annual operating budget.
Prior to his work as Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, Bogley served as Dean of Admission and Financial Aid during which time the College experienced dramatic increases in applications and expanded ethnic diversity.
Bogley served on the board of both the Walla Walla Music Boosters. He was elected to the Walla Walla Symphony Board of Directors in 2015; he served as board president from 2016-2019.
Bogley, a Traverse City, Michigan native, graduated Magna Cum Laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa while earning a Bachelors of Arts in History from Whitman College.
- Center for Creative Leadership Seminar: Leading Strategically Leadership training institute with peers from a wide range of business settings
- Vanderbilt University Professional Institute for Institutional Advancement Training program for advancement leaders with collegiate institutions of many types
- Harvard University Summer Admissions Institute
- National Association for College Admission Counseling Member of Budget Advisory Committee and SPGP Committee
- Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling Sister Shawn Marie Berry Award Winner; President of Association; Executive Board member
- Enrollment Leadership Led Admission and Financial Aid team that increased the applicant pool by 50% in 8 years, while increasing academic profile and ethnic diversity, while optimizing discount rate
- Fundraising Leadership Completed largest comprehensive campaign in institutional history and exceeded goal by more than 10%
B.A., History - Whitman College