Current Employment Opportunities
Our recruiting process consists of 7 steps:
1. Submit your resume and apply for a position by scrolling over the open position of interest below.
2. Click on the position, view the job description and you will be able to complete our online application process.
3. Once the resume, cover letter and references enter into our system the Recruitment Manager will review them and contact candidates with the background that best matches the position. All resumes will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified of their application receipt and will receive status updates. If you have questions please email them to HRDirector@interlochen.org.
4. Candidates that best match the needed knowledge, skills and abilities are screened via the phone. The Recruitment Manager and/or Recruiting Specialist will make this contact. If selected, the phone screen will last 15-20 minutes and will be used to further assess the candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
5. After the phone screen candidates will be selected to advance to the phone or Skype interview phase. These phone screens may be one-on-one with the Hiring Manager or they may consist of a larger search committee.
6. After the phone interview phase candidates who have been selected to move forward in the process will be contacted by the Human Resources Office and invited on-campus for an in-person interview. The in-person interview will consist of several one-on-one and group interview sessions. This process helps us to further determine your fit for the position.
7. All candidates who interview in-person are notified via email or phone once a decision has been made.
Comprehensive Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical plans PPO & EPO coverage through Priority Health
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision insurance through VSP
- Life insurance of $50,000 that also includes short term & long term disability coverage.
- Competitive accrual vacation time and sick time
- Wellness program
- Voluntary insurance options available for long term care and supplemental life insurance through UNUM
- MoveCenter - relocation assistance
- Assist America - medical services 100+ miles from home
- MedNow: Video chat with Spectrum Health doctor; open 24/7
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible spending account for medical expenses
- 403b retirement employee contribution option
- Pension plan with TIAA
- Discounted to Interlochen Presents "Featured Events"
- Student performances/shows up to two tickets per event free
- Tuition discounts for Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy
- Discounts for adult classes through Interlochen College of Creative Arts
- Lunch daily for employees at our onsite cafeteria
- Cellphone discount of 11% off of data and accessories discount through Verizon and AT&T
- Employee travel & ticket discounts through "Tickets at Work"
- YMCA Partnership
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) through Catholic Human Services Counseling
- Sam's Club membership discounts
- Employee referral program
Recognition and Development
- Yearly employee awards: Golden Shovel, Oil Can Award, Distinguished President's Service Award, Barb Sandys Spirit Award, and Employee of the Year
- Training program options through BizLibrary or SafeSchools to further education or personal growth
Work Environment and Culture
- Business casual clothing attire and Interlochen Center for the Arts uniform.
Interlochen was founded in 1928 and has immeasurable years of knowledge and traditions. We have employees who have devoted their working careers to Interlochen Center for the Arts for 20 years+ to employees who are just starting their careers. We have a multi generational staff and take pride in our growth in the worldwide organization as we light the way as an educational industry leader in igniting lifelong passion for the arts.
Interlochen is committed to equal employment opportunity in the recruiting, hiring and promoting of personnel in all positions of the organization. Interlochen complies with federal and state laws and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability or genetic information unrelated to the person's ability to perform the job, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to Interlochen.