Fall programs now enrolling
COVID-19 Policies and Reporting
The safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, volunteers, guests, and the entire community are always our first priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we continue to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, and to work in coordination with our local partners at Munson Medical Center and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, please contact Cory Haight in our Human Resources department.
Please follow these guidelines to help keep our community safe:
- Take the Interlochen Community Pledge to keep our campus safe.
- Please do not come to work if you're feeling ill or are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms as defined by CDC.
- If you are working on campus you will receive a daily Wellness Survey via phone or text to be completed prior to coming to campus.
- All employees will be required to wear a face mask in most areas of campus; please bring your own mask (homemade masks are acceptable).
- Access to campus will be limited to your work space.
- Please clean your work area at least once per day. This includes frequently touched items like door knobs, light switches, etc. Cleaning supplies will be provided in your area.
- Please use the brightly colored placards hanging on your office door to alert Environmental Services that "This Room Has Been Used Today."
- Additional sanitary measures continue to take place in all high-traffic areas of campus, including the use of a 360 Sanitation Machine. Hand sanitizer is readily available in frequently-traveled locations.
- All employees are expected to follow CDC guidelines with social distancing, frequent hand washing, and avoid touching your face.
- If you are working on campus, please park in lots S, T and U.
- Visit this website for Free Coronavirus Testing in our area.
- Munson Medical Center offers online appointments for all your medical needs! Schedule an appointment with your existing medical provider or connect with a new provider by calling (231) 935-5886 to be connected with a Munson "Find a Provider" representative.
- A great first resource for assistance with bill repayment, transportation, medical and mental health care, food needs and other disaster services is the Michigan 2-1-1 website. This website contains a database of services searchable by county.
- For families in need of area food pantries, please visit the Northwest Michigan Food Coalition website. Similar information is available through the TCAPS web link above.
- For a chronological listing of all of Michigan's Executive Orders, please visit Michigan.gov.