There are as many reasons to support Interlochen Center for the Arts as there are individuals who give:
- Perhaps you've sent a child to Interlochen Arts Camp or Academy, and you understand the potential of an educational environment that values hard work, creativity and artistic expression.
- Maybe you attended yourself, and you want Interlochen to be here for your children and grandchildren.
- It might be that you’ve seen the difference an Interlochen education can make in the life of a child, and you want to make sure that the same opportunity is available to all children, regardless of their financial background.
- Perhaps you’ve attended a concert and felt the astounding energy of our students and guest artists, and you know how electrifying an Interlochen performance can be.
- Maybe you’ve seen cuts in state and school funding for the arts, and you want to support an institution where the arts are paramount. Maybe you feel that investing in the creativity of individuals is needed to develop skills for a new economy.
In the end, there is really only one core reason: you believe in the power of the arts to enrich and transform lives.
Interlochen has been training young artists since 1928. We pioneered the field with the nation’s first summer arts program, and Interlochen is the only summer camp or high school to ever receive the National Medal of Arts – our nation’s highest award for artistic excellence. We are committed to providing the best arts education in the world, and to enriching the community with outstanding presentations and an award-winning public broadcasting service.
Throughout Interlochen’s history, two things have remained constant: our overarching mission to ignite a lifelong passion for the arts … and the fact that we haven’t done it alone.
Every step along the way, there have been individuals and organizations who believed in the vision and helped make it a reality. Friends and partners who valued creativity and shared a common passion for the arts.
People like you.