- Contact Human Resources
- All correspondence must be made through the Human Resources office.
- The Associate Director, Seasonal Employment can be reached at 231.276.7342 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., EDT, Monday-Friday.
Other Useful Links
- Visit http://camp.interlochen.org/ to learn more about Interlochen Arts Camp and its programs.
- Scroll down to view the summer uniform policy
- Watch the Interlochen Arts Camp video
Timeline for Summer Hiring
- New staff hiring typically begins after the first of the year
- Most Camp positions do not have an application deadline date. We hire on a rolling basis until all positions are full. We remove positions from the website as they are filled. (If you saw it posted and it is no longer visible then the job is full). If a position does have a deadline, it will be indicated in the job description.
The Application Process
- Applications must be complete in order to go on to the screening process.
- International applicants can only be hired if they are able to obtain a Visa on their own. Interlochen is unable to assist with this process.
- International applicants who are on an F-1 Visa must apply for a CPT or OPT through their college/university. Please begin this process as son as an employment agreement has been received as this process can often take awhile.
- Resumes and cover letters are not required but are helpful.
- Some positions require supplemental application materials, read requirements closely.
- Applications must be complete and must have a signature and date.
- Applications will not be sent off for screening until all application materials are received including al reference forms, and any supplemental materials.
- We will send applications to be screened according to the preferences you have chosen. Your application is screened position by position (not by all positions at the same time). If a position is full we will send your application to your next preference automatically and without notification.
- Screening of applications normally takes two to three weeks. Supervisors will contact an applicant via email or phone to schedule the interview. Most departments require a phone interview (Skpe may also be an option).
- Section 1 of the reference form must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Reference forms must be signed and dated by the reference writer.
- Applicants must have three references in order to be considered and they must be completed on Interlochen forms.
- Reference writers may add an additional sheet, but must still complete the original form.
- Reference forms can arrive with the application or separately. If a reference writer is mailing the form directly to Interlochen please provide the individual with a self-addressed envelope.
- Suggestions for individuals to have complete the reference forms: Current and past teachers, Current and past employers, Supervisors, Adult co-worker, Interlochen Alumni, Clergy. Reference forms MAY NOT be done by family members or minors.