The event was the culmination of a year that included many remarkable student milestones, accomplishments and awards. The list of awards and honors earned by the class of 2013 is extensive. Below are just a few of the highlights from the 2012-13 academic year.
- The Academy welcomed the first class of singer-songwriter majors.
- The theatre department partnered with Tony nominee Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen to produce and present their musical, "[title of show]," which they performed in New York City.
- Visual arts majors travelled to New York City and displayed their work at the Helen Mills Theater.
- The Arts Academy welcomed visiting students from the Singapore School of the Arts.
- The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra partnered with students in several departments for a spring performance in Corson.
- The Academy welcomed dozens of guest artists and panelists in October for a symposium on the future of the arts.
- Academy writers earned two national Scholastic Awards and 13 regional awards and had one Presidential Scholar Semifinalist.
- Dancers took four top awards (two firsts, one second and one third place) at the Youth America Grand Prix in Chicago. Junior Eoin Robinson reached the finals of Youth America Grand Prix in New York City.
- The dance division had its first exchange with the Academie Americaine de Dance de Paris.
- Three Academy musicians took home a silver medal in the junior division at the Fischoff Competition.
- Academy students earned three national merit scholarships.
- Three Academy students were Presidential Scholar Semi-Finalists.
- The Academy initiated a new exchange program with Canterbury College in Australia.
- Hundreds of other awards, honors and accomplishments
Congratulations to all the students who made the 2012-13 academic year such a success!