- #1 Personal Essay: Please address:
- Outline your artistic experience, highlighting at least two of your favorite art forms
- Share why you wish to be part of the Comparative Arts program at Interlochen Arts Academy
- #2 Artistic Samples: Provide a minimum of two examples of art forms you have studied. Examples might be from visual arts, dance, theatre, film, music and/or creative writing.
- #3 Interview with the Director of Comparative Arts
How to Submit Your Materials:
Applicants are required to submit their artistic samples digitally as a part of the application process. After you start the application for admission, create an account on DecisionDesk and upload your personal essay and artistic samples under your Interlochen Application ID as a "Comparative Arts" candidate.
Once your items are uploaded, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.276.7472 to schedule your campus visit or off-site interview with the Director of Comparative Arts.
We highly encourage all applicants to plan a campus visit! The schedule may include a meeting with our Director of Comparative Arts, a full tour of campus including a glimpse into our residence halls, an opportunity to meet and interact with current students, and the opportunity to observe classes in session. Plan your campus visit >>