We are now welcoming applications for the 2014-15 school year!
In order to evaluate a student’s potential for success at the Academy, we conduct a thorough evaluation of the complete admission file. This includes all parts of the formal application for admission form, audition/portfolio review, academic transcript, and available standardized test scores.
- As a high school focused on the arts, we are seeking two types of students: 1) those with high levels of achievement and/or potential in their chosen art forms and with solid academic backgrounds; 2) those with solid academic backgrounds who desire in-depth study and exposure to a variety of arts areas, but who do not wish to major or focus exclusively in one arts area.
- We seek young people who have not only demonstrated success academically, but are also enthusiastic about learning.
- We seek students who value community and who desire to contribute to the special sense of community that prevails at Interlochen Arts Academy.
Our enrollment officers are here to help you in any way they can. If you wish to talk with someone about Academy offerings, the application process, a campus visit, audition/portfolio presentations, or other topics, they will be happy to work with you. Simply call 800.681.5912 or 231.276.7472.
1) Review this website thoroughly; if you think Interlochen Arts Academy might be a good fit for you, and you wish to learn more, complete our information request form.
2) Though not required, a campus visit is recommended. You can tour the campus, visit classes, and possibly take in a performance. You can meet and talk with students who are living the Academy experience. You may also arrange for an audition or portfolio review.
3) Complete the application for admission process. Admission decisions are made as soon as possible after the admission file is complete. You can apply online (preferred). All majors also require an audition and/or portfolio, which can be submitted online.
4) If cost of attendance is a concern, check the Financial Aid section of this website for information about the availability of financial aid and the application process.
5) Admission decisions and financial aid reviews are made independently of each other. Students applying for admission and financial aid will hear about their admission decisions first.
Please note: As you dig deeper into the Interlochen Arts Academy, please keep in mind that for our students it's not "arts or academics", but "arts and academics". For students desiring careers in the arts, the pre college/conservatory experience at the Academy is extraordinary and cannot be replicated anywhere. These students and others at the Academy can also be assured that the academic curriculum, delivered by master teachers, will prepare them well for the academic rigors encountered at top flight colleges and universities.
Notification of Admission Decisions
The Academy uses a rolling system to notify applicants regarding their admission decisions. Individual files are reviewed as they become complete, and applicants are notified as soon as possible thereafter. As space is limited in all major programs, students are encouraged to complete the application for admission process as soon as possible.
Learn more about the Arts Academy.